A beautiful and sunny day in Stockholm. It’s fall and time to get serious and focus on projects. I have lots of things in school this week, everything marketing related, but finishing it off on friday next week! After that we will have 4 weeks of pure SEO, what a joy! Looking forward to it. Now i need to get back to business. Brb.
Today during Marketing class, our teacher was speaking about the content of Seth Godins book “Meatball Sundae”. It speaks about old marketing and new marketing and focuses on the 14 trends that are shaping the way products and ideas are communicated and sold:
- Direct communication and commerce between producers and consumers
- Amplification of the voice of the consumer and independent authorities
- The need for an authentic story as the number of sources increases
- Extremely short attention spans due to clutter
- The Long Tail
- Google and the dicing of everything
- Infinite channels of communication
- Direct communication and commerce between consumers and consumers
- The shifts in scarcity and abundance
- The triumph of big ideas
- The shift from “how many” to “who”
- The wealthy are like us
- New gatekeepers, no gatekeepers
I posted it on my to-read-list!